We nurture your baby’s growth and development starting from the first few days after birth and onwards. We recommend your baby’s first well-baby exam within two to three weeks after birth, and additional well-baby exams every three to four months for the first year.
Well-baby exams are scheduled at baby’s first, third, sixth, ninth, and twelfth month. At each of the visits, your baby’s naturopath performs the following exams and discusses about the milestones:
Your baby’s measurements: A well-baby exam usually begins with measurements of your baby's length, weight and head circumference.
Head-to-toe physical exam: A thorough check-up is performed at every visit including eyes, ears, abdominal, lungs, heart, hips, skin and genitalia exam.
Your baby’s development: Depending on your baby's age, your naturopath will discuss the following:
- How well does your baby control his or her head?
- Does your baby imitate your facial expressions and sounds?
- Does your baby reach for objects or put them into his or her mouth?
- Does your baby attempt to roll over?
- Can your baby sit with support?
- Does your baby pull up into a standing position?
Your naturopath will discuss in depth some of the common topics at the visit:
- Fussy baby – colic and ways to improve baby’s digestive system
- Introducing solid foods
- Food allergies
- Treating colds and flus
- Improving baby’s immune system
- Benefits of probiotics and fish oil and when can they be introduced
After a birth and delivery, some mothers may assume they are out of the woods when it comes to discomfort and health challenges. Whether a mother is under chiropractic care during pregnancy or not, postpartum chiropractic care is crucial for her after a birth.
Chiropractors remove nervous system interference to allow for optimal health and well-being. Impaired nerve function and bio-mechanical imbalance in the pelvis can lead to pain, discomfort and poor health. Many women may “feel fine” after the birth of their children, overjoyed and excited about this new life. This exuberance may mask problems until they are noticed later on. It’s important to be checked by a chiropractor as soon as possible after the delivery.