The thyroid gland is one of the smallest glands in the body, but has some of the most powerful influences on the way a person feels. Conventional medicine relies heavily on the use of labs to diagnose and manage thyroid problems. As Naturopathic Doctors we know there is much more to a diagnosis than just the blood work, and want to ensure our patients receive a full work-up and whole body approach to their treatment.
Some of the major thyroid conditions we treat include:
- General Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism
- Graves disease
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Nodular thyroid (lump on the thyroid)
Many people are aware of the common thyroid symptoms, which can include changes in weight, energy, appetite and skin. But many of the less common symptoms can include:
- dry skin
- hair loss
- high blood pressure (or low blood pressure)
- swelling around the eyes
- poor eyebrow growth
- puffy face
- slow reflexes
The Naturopathic Doctors at Halton Integrative Women’s Health Centre can help make sense of your thyroid condition and get you on the right path to stabilizing thyroid hormone levels and feeling your best again.
Our comprehensive approach may include:
- Additional blood work if your most recent lab work is outdated
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation to address deficiencies that affect thyroid function
- Botanical and herbal medicines for thyroid hormone support
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Natural desiccated thyroid hormone
Please don’t forget to bring your most recent thyroid blood work and list of current supplements and medications to your initial visit! Please be aware that your Naturopathic Doctor may request additional blood work if your most recent labs are outdated.
For more information, please book a complimentary consultation and CONNECT WITH US.